Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Sports of Sorts Tour of Second Life

This blog is going to take you on a tour of some sports/activities that I have located in Second Life. I spent a lot time looking for traditional sport such as basketball, soccer, football, volleyball, rugby, tennis, etc. I found a few sites that were dedicated to some of these sports, but I decided that maybe adding some sports or leisure activities might be fun and interesting also. Most sites have more than one sport or activity offered for you to try. I believe that all of them have at least one or more free activity that you can try. But many sites offer things that you can buy, anywhere from clothes to equipment. With all this in mind I hope you enjoy your tour and find yourself able to keep fit and active in SL. Just click on the picture of the site and it should take you to the area in SL. Have fun and good luck!

Kona Island
This a place for interested in triathlons. You can follow live events and subscribe to a multi-sport radio podcasts. You can find a nice place to meditate as you see me doing so in the picture.


Baller City
This a place where you can learn how to play hoops in second life or you can hang out and watch people play in a park. You can practice your skills and when you get good enough you can see if anyone wants to play one on one.


Ice Skating
You can get a free pair of skates and go ice skating with friends or new friends. There is also some games to play and some socializing areas like dancing and if you have someone special a kissing bench.


Skydiving
Really cool place where you can skydive. I went up 4,000 meters and free fell to about 100m then my chute deployed and I safely landed on the ground. I always wanted to skydive it was an awsome experience and it almost felt like I was there!


Carribana Boulevard
This is a place where you can try out many different sports and if you like them you can by them. I played tennis, Foosball, volleyball, badminton, table tennis (ping pong), and as seen pictured here I rode in a whirly ride thing. It was a lot of fun!


Bodybuilding
nteresting site that has a gym where you can lift weights and perform exercises, but also has an interesting collection of boats, helicopters, planes, and a miitary side of things.


Snowboarding
Cool place where I got a free snowboard and boots and snowboarded down the a hill in Salzberg. And then afterwards you can lounge around with friends and have cup of hot chocolate or go exploring Salzburg.


Boxing
I didn't find gloves so that I could go boxing, but I was able to practice my boxing skills on different hitting bags. I was also able to workout doing situps and pushups.

1 comment:

Dr. Z said...

Virtual Fitness at its peak!!!

I can work out and never leave my chair.