Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Final Blog On My RSS Experience


My RSS experience has been education and enlightening. The kind and amount of information that one can have fed to them on a daily even hourly basis is incredible. As I have said before one can truly save and hour a day or more by using RSS. Some might disagree, as they believe that if they have their bookmarks set up that this is kind of like having a RSS feeder. This is how I got my information in the morning before I discovered RSS. I am now a RSS convert. This is where I go to in the morning to check the news, see what new gadgets are out there, follow my sports teams, and watch or listen to podcasts when I want to.

Igoogle has worked for me. It is bringing in some interesting information. I really like the quotes page I set up as I like to use those with my basketball team. I am finding that searching with Key words like "fitness" have helped me find better widgets for my physical education tab. I had been struggling for a while to find useful and helpful gadgets. There are still endless widgets out there to add that I have not explored. I look forward to searching for some fun and ones that can be helpful to me.

Problems I had were in my hast to set up RSS and Igoogle. I would quickly add them to my reader or google account without thoroughly researching them to see they are something that I would want. What I learned is that it would save me time to take the time to properly read and check out a blog or website that I subscribe to.

I just started a fitness goals research project with my 10th grade physical education class and had a great time showing them google docs and having them all set up accounts and using google docs to write the goals and do some researching and planning. I am trying to think of a way to use blogs to have the students reflect on the experience and possibly have them write blogs on the progress they are making towards their goals. What do think? Any suggestions from anyone would be welcomed.

1 comment:

Dr. Z said...

Wow, using Google Docs to have your students work on their fitness goals. How innovative.