Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Technology & Application

My new class Emerging Technologies to this point has been a whirl wind. I want to take a few moments to reflect on what has happened since the beginning of this class to now. First and for most I absolutely love the gadgetry and exploring the infinite wealth of information that exists in Web 2.0. I have for too long been sitting on my haunches and using the Internet for shopping or just looking up information...not to say that that is bad, but in just a short time Dr. Z has introduced me to an abundant of cool interactive and productive ways to collaborate with colleagues.

I have already begun to use several technologies such as Google docs and Google sites to help with communication and collaboration with my colleagues at work. One of my goals for this class will be to learn how I can apply all this new information and technology in to my teaching. I would also like an area of our class project to reflect how we could create a learning community that will be able to help others like me. I just want to someone to show me how to do it and give me the resources to get the job done.

1 comment:

Dave Graw said...

Paul,

Z has introduced some technologies that are mind boggling. It takes me a few days to experiment with these tools before I begin to understand how they can be used. I'm really looking forward to the segment on virtual reality tools i.e. Second Life.

Dave