Wednesday, October 15, 2008

RSS And What It Means To Me


As soon as I was introduced to RSS I recognized what unique tool this was. I immediately subscribed to all the sports, news, and websites that I usually would navigate to while drinking my morning coffee. It was great as all I had to do was go to one spot to get the stuff that was important to me delivered to one place. I now have RSS feeds for technology as you can see in the picture one of my favorites to check out is Engadget as they are posting all the new and cool stuff about tech gadgets. I also subscribe to sports, news, EIT class, my classmates blogs, blogs that I follow, and my PE stuff. I also use igoogle to collect and look at information that it is important to me. I am learning as I look through the information from both my RSS feeds and igoogle that each one has a lot of the same information but certain information is easier to look at in one form or the other. For example I like to look at weather and sports in igoogle and news in RSS. Here is a picture of my igoogle. It is a lot of fun looking for new gadgets. You to could save an hour a day by using RSS and igoogle.

No comments: